mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One down, 7 Billion to go! Feb 25, 2013


Oeun Sok got baptized on saturday and it was awesome! But monday night, everything took a turn for the worse....
 
We visited a potential investigator and didn't really expect to get in the door but he let us right in and we shared the Restoration and committed him to read and pray! It was awesome! So we walked outside and I joked, "Just watch our bikes be gone." I ate my words. All that was left outside was Elder Swenson's helmet. I was dumbfounded. Our new investigator looked all around and called tons of people but no luck. So that was a bummer.
 
But the next two days were AWESOME! We taught 8 lessons to non members in two days and committed 3 people to be baptized! It was so great!! But I still don't have a bike and I wasn't sure how I would get one. And mom just told me that I got tax returns that will definitely cover a new bike. God is awesome. That's it. He's great.
 
Also, I had one of the greatest spiritually edifying experiences of my life. We were talking to a Romanian/Jewish man named Emmanuel and he has always kinda given me the creeps. He's just really dark (not skin tone, just creepy...) But he is VERY knowledgeable about the Bible. Too stubborn as well. The conversation got kinda heated and he looked me dead in the eye and said, "Are you prepared to die for what you believe in?" I matched his gaze and said "Without a second thought." He didn't know how to respond to that. We straight up tesitfied of the Book of Mormon and he said he is going to stick with the Bible. Sad, but we'll get him baptized eventually.
 
He was definitely put in my path for a reason. I needed to realize for myself that I AM prepared to die for what I believe in. And I wouldn't have to think about it for a SECOND. I love this Gospel. There is nothing good in my life that is NOT a result of me being involved in the Gospel. I love it. I live it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. The church is true. I bear you my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lord. Amen.
 
Elder Zachary Evan Bushman 

No comments:

Post a Comment