mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Harvest Blessings! Feb 11, 2013


I've got to make this a little short but I want to give you an update on our investigators!
 
We haven't been able to see Connie or Oeun because they've been really sick but I DID find out that Oeun has a son named Jim.... Making his name Jim Sok.... "Gym Sock"..... Bahahaha
 
Curtis is progressing a lot! He is feeling more open to talking to people and he knows he needs to repent in order to feel happier and come closer to Jesus Christ.
 
Barry took us to lunch tuesday and is making progress very slowly... He's quite stubborn. But we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it!!
 
We have a few new investigators!! Namely: Mike, John, and Sylvia!
 
We initially contacted Mike a week ago and he said to come back anytime. We did exchanges this week and Elder Swenson went to see him with Elder Blake (our district leader, also the most Christ-like person I've ever met). They taught him the restoration and committed him to baptism and he said YES!! 
 
John Espinoza was contacted before I got to the field and we hadn't been able to get ahold of him until a few days ago. Elder Swenson and I stopped by his house one night and he said "Not a good time guys..." Then told us he has "gout" in his foot... Don't know what that is... We offered him a blessing and he gladly accepted! I gave it and when we were done he said he felt really peaceful and we testified of the priesthood and the Holy Ghost. We invited him to be baptized and he said that he wants us to keep teaching him because he REALLY wants the Gift of the Holy Ghost!!
 
Another thing we do in the Fresno mission is called the Harvesting Blessing. Basically we just knock on a door and say, "We have been called and set apart as representatives of Jesus Christ and he has sent us to leave a blessing on your home." We were on another exchange when Elder Swenson and Elder Mecham met Sylvia. They were using the HB and she said "Come on in!" (that never happens...) Apparently she hadn't been feeling comfortable in her house and she woke up that morning with the thought to call a priest or pastor or whatever to come bless her house (yeah THAT would've done a lot of good... Psh.) They blessed her family and her home and taught the restoration, and she said she wants to hear more!!
 
We've had an awesome week!!
 
Also, I went through my camera and described all the pictures so I'm going to send the SD card home today.
 
I hope I answered all of your questions that I said I would in the big email... I love you all! Thank you so much for all your support and prayers!! Keep 'em comin!!
 
Elder Zachary Evan Bushman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment