mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Born to Testify! Feb 4, 2013


Holy Snap!!
 
This week FLEW by!! We met a LOT of new people and testified a TON! I love it! Just to give you a glimpse of who we're teaching, I'll try to summarize our investigators for ya.
 
Curtis- Socially awkward, in his 40's or 50's, lost his job, house, and a few toes due to cancer/diabetes, lives in our apartment complex, We've taught him all the lessons but he's not quite sure who God is, we brought him to Stake Conference yesterday which was a broadcast from SLC in which Elder L. Tom Perry basically taught all the missionary discussions!! So Curtis now knows that on the road to conversion (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost), he is at the repentance part! I think he's making a lot of progress!!
 
Barry- This guy is a little Italian fireball. He was street contacted a little while before I got to the field. And we've been trying to get in contact with him for a while. He is recently divorced and taking care of his house pretty much nonstop. We had 7 appointments cancel on us Friday and so we swung by Barry's house. We caught him and talked for about 45 minutes about the Book of Mormon. He seemed a little offended that we "need another Bible". The conversation got a little heated and Elder Swenson and I thought we were going to lose him. We were quickly chastised by the Spirit and calmed down and let the Spirit testify through us. Barry just looked at us, smiled and said, "You two are good.... not in a smart aleck way. You're really good! I'm going to take you to lunch on Monday. And in return, you can give me a Book of Mormon." We committed him to pray about what we taught him and that we'd see him Monday. Well, it's Monday, and we hadn't heard from him until 5 minutes ago. He rescheduled for tomorrow. He needs to be baptized.
 
Oeun Sok- (pronounced "oon"), he's Cambodian, and has been coming to church pretty much every day for the last 3 years. He know's the church is true. The only reason we haven't baptized him yet is because the ward found a membership record for an "Oeun Sok". But the record says "female and 36 yrs old", the Oeun we know is in his 50's and male... But the addres is the same... I dunno. We're just waiting for the Stake Pres to make a decision. Haha
 
Connie- In her 60's, knows the church is true, but she is in the process of getting dentures and she's embarrassed to come to church. Psh. She'll be baptized in a matter of weeks.
 
There are others but these are the ones who are progressing. :)
 
Elder Swenson is the MAN. He really is just like me. Haha We are the only two in our apartment and we pick on each other nonstop like brothers. It's great. I feel like I've known him for years. He's a great example to me. Even though it makes me mad when he makes up the dumbest rules and doesn't even follow them. It's all good though. He knows I could put him in the ground. :) Haha I love the elders and sisters in my district! We're not nearly as close as my MTC district, which makes sense, but I still love 'em!
 
Someone asked if I am riding a bike or driving a car... There are only three cars in our whole Zone. Our district leader and his companion have one and so do the sisters (they are all spanish speaking so they cover the whole stake) also, the Zone Leaders have a car, for the same reason. Let's just say my legs are getting really big from riding a bike all day. Haha I love it! 
 
I think I've been on the computer too long and I haven't even written Pres. Gelwix yet....
 
I love you all!! Thank you for the prayers and support!! :) 
 
Elder Zachary Evan Bushman
Sis. Gelwix, Elder Bushman and Pres. Gelwix on his arrival in the mission field.

Elder Swenson (Zac's trainer) and Elder Bushman


No comments:

Post a Comment