mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The 1st day of the rest of my life! Jan 2, 2013


***Editor's note: this letter was sent on Jan 2, but we didn't receive it until Jan 10***

Hey everyone!

I don’t really know the best way to do this (send a letter to the whole family or individuals…), so I’m just gonna wing it! The MTC is great! Despite it being 5 degrees… The food is awesome! My district is awesome! My companion is Elder Badley (pronounced ‘badly’). And he is a big black guy who looks like he could play for the NFL. He was baptized when he was 18 (he’s 20 now) and he has one of the strongest testimonies I’ve ever heard! By the way, he’s from Virginia Beach, VA. So far we’ve pretty much just been doing orientation type things and a few hours of role playing (loved it!). The Spirit here is unlike anything I have ever felt! My whole district (12 total; 4 sisters/8 elders) is going to Fresno the same day, Jan 23rd! And we all get along great! The other two elders in my room are Elder Garcia and Elder Enslow (from TX and UT). There is also a sister in my district who is President Bluth’s granddaughter - - Sister Pratt! Safe to say the next 3 weeks are going to be incredible. Does it feel real yet? No. I still just feel like I’m at EFY or something. Seriously guys, Jon and Dad already know this, but the Spirit and sense of instant comradery here is indescribable! I love this gospel so much! I’d say the most important part things I’ve learned so far today is either the difference between “inviting” and “informing” and the fact that if you’re not living the gospel, it’s extremely hard to teach it. I love you all and I’m praying for you!

Elder Zac Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment