mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Monday, January 28, 2013

He Will Increase Our Capability! Jan 28, 2013


Hello everyone!! I love you all!!
 
Just a heads up, this email is going to be VERY scatter brained....
 
I've been in the field for just a few days now but I'm absolutely LOVING it!! My companion's name is Elder Swenson and he is absolutely incredible!! Basically, we're the same person. So... yeah, he's awesome. We're serving in the Modesto 2nd Ward which is about 40% active. And about 80% of that are senior citizens. I love it.

Dad, do you remember a Trevor Gipper from Dobson? He is a missionary here and he asked if I know any Bushman's in Arizona. I got a good laugh out of that. But apparently he was in your Spanish 3 class and all he remembers is "Pagame un peso!"

Also, several years ago, one of the General Authorities came and promised the Fresno mission that if all the elders would part their hair, that we will out-baptize every mission in CA. So... that is taking some getting used to, but it's growing on me.

Our district leader's name is Elder Blake and he is probably the most Christ-like person I've ever met. I love him. President Gelwix is probably one of the most inpirational speakers I have ever heard! I'm so excited!! And Sister Gelwix is an angel. She's the sweetest lady ever. There's also a crazy black lady lives next to us and threatened to kill us... So.... She needs to get baptized. :) 

As far as mail, everything has to be sent to the mission office then they will send it to me. Dad, I need help with Spanish!! I'm running into a lot of only spanish speaking people... Maybe a spanish Preach My Gospel? :) Sorry this is a short email, but we had some crazy stuff going on today. Haha

Two more things... It was just my luck last night... We had dinner at the Ward Music Chair's house. We negotiated to have a non-member accompany me on the flute. Hahaha She's gonna get baptized. :) Also, we just went shopping for food and such and I don't really know what stuff is good to have on hand to cook with... So I just got the bare necessities. I think I did pretty good, but advice/recipe's would be VERY appreciated!!! I love you all so much and hopefully my next email will be better structured and informative!!
 
Elder Zachary Evan Bushman

P.S. I wanted to say two more things...
 
Read "The Challenging and Testifying Missionary" by Elder Alvin R. Dyer.
 
"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability." -Neal A. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment