mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Conference Was GREAT!!! April 15, 2013


Dear Family & Friends,

Thank you so much for your emails and letters!! Thank you for your faith in me and your love and prayers! I love helping people (members and non-members) to prepare themselves to enter the holy temple and make sacred covenants with Our Father in Heaven! I love realizing that the Temple is the ultimate goal in this life.
 
Conference was GREAT!! At times it felt like they were talking directly to me!! Scary but great!
 
My new companion is Elder W.  He is nice enough and we get along pretty good so far. He talks nonstop when its just us but when we talk to other people, he doesn't say a word. Trial of faith #2,342,135. And yes, we are in the same ward/area.
 
Curtis is doing awful. He knocked on our apartment door Saturday night smelling STRONGLY of alcohol saying he's not going to come to church because he's intoxicated. Heart. Wrenching. Then LAST night, I was outside on the phone with President and Curtis was outside walking so when Pres. and I were done, I went up and talked to him and he said "I don't know what's keeping me from ending my life right now." It brought tears to my eyes as I testified to him of the Atonement and the love that both the Savior and I have for him. He's almost as stubborn as me though. Pray for him.

You know being on a mission is not all fun and games. It is HARD at times and there are trials and humbling experiences that happen daily. But I know that I can do this. "Thank you, Mr. Gardner, for cutting me down; for loving me enough to hurt me." (Hugh B. Brown, "God is the Gardner") I know God loves me! And I am where He wants me to be!

I hope everything is going well back home! I love you!!
 
Elder Zachary Evan Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment