mis-sion-ar-y (noun) - Someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with theirs for eternity.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Because I Have Been Given Much! June 3 & 10, 2013


Is it as crazy to you as it is to me that I've already been gone 5 months??? Yikes..

About the iPads (the church is piloting a program for missionaries to use them in the field for tracking contacts and sharing video messages & pictures), I had heard something about that! But I didn't know there was any truth to it! That's awesome! One step closer to the Church buying Apple! ;) Now would be a VERY good time to invest! Hahaha

Special World Wide Broadcast?!? (June 23rd, 3 pm Utah time) I haven't heard anything about that!!! What's it supposed to be about?? I'm kinda excited and kinda scared at the same time! What if he says, "Alright Brethren we're going to the Mountains of Ephraim to dwell!"?? Or "We're joining the war! Mormon Battalion 2.0!!"?? Or "Get to Missiouri! ASAP!!"?? This is crazy!!

I know I expect too much of myself... I just don't want to settle for 80%. You know? But there is nothing that anyone can say (except for a member of the Godhead), that's going to change that drive and motivation for me to be perfect. 3 Nephi 12:48==>1 Nephi 3:7 Whether in this life or the next, I WILL achieve perfection.


We rode out to a ward member's house the other day to give her pointers on how to teach the Gospel to her friend who was too shy to meet with Missionaries just yet... We rode about 5 miles in to the middle of nowhere... Grapes as far (or farther) than the eye can see! it took us about 30 min one way and it was about 95 degrees outside! Haha


ALSO!! We had a super awesome Zone Conference this week in which we all sang Because I Have Been Given Much with this as the fourth verse:
 
"Because of thy life’s mission Lord, I too must serve.
I’ll leave the comfort of my home to teach thy word.
I’ll seek thy sheep who’ve gone astray, and those who’ve never known the way.
I will make Thy work my work, today."
 
The Spirit was so strong hearing 50+ missionaries singing that. I loved it!

Well, that's it for now. Thanks to everyone for your love and prayers and support!

Love, Elder Zachary Evan Bushman


P.S. Read the talk entitled "First Vision and Religious Tolerance" by Joseph Fielding McConkie. Changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment